Faculty & Staff
Learn all about how to obtain and manage your Georgia Tech employee ID.
Welcome to Georgia Tech! Now that you are a new employee at the university, you should complete the process to receive your BuzzCard as it serves as your source of identification around campus and acts as your key to much of campus life.
One of the first steps in your new employee orientation is to get your BuzzCard, as it serves as your campus identification and is your pass to all facets of employment at Georgia Tech including:
- Building & door access
- Parking Deck entry
- Time Clock entry (Swipe In/Out)
- Faculty Staff Dining Funds
Contact us for more details or come visit us on the 2nd floor of Barnes & Noble @Georgia Tech in Technology Square.
Obtaining Your BuzzCard
Before you can be issued a BuzzCard, you must have a Georgia Tech Identification Number (gtID #). Your gtID# is a universal number that identifies you throughout the various campus departments, while the BuzzCard is your physical identification card. A BuzzCard cannot be issued without a gtID#.
If you do not already have a gtID#, an authorized department administrator or campus sponsor must submit a gtID# request on your behalf.
Visit the BuzzCard Center Monday thru Friday from 9 AM – 4 PM*. For assistance, please call the BuzzCard Center at 404-894-2899.
1. Faculty/Staff Dining Funds Bonus
To pay Individual deposits of $20 or more earn a 20% bonus. Payroll Deduction is available or employees can deposit funds by clicking the button below.
Funds never expire! Bonus account funds are accessed automatically when funds in the main account are depleted.
2. Eight Dollar Fridays
With use of your Faculty/Staff dining funds, cash and cards, employees can enjoy a reduced door rate of $8 for lunch on Fridays at North Ave and Brittain Dinning Halls.
3. Parking and Transportation
As a member of the GT community, employees have access to the variety of Parking & Transportation services including the Trolley, Stinger, and Stingerette.
To purchase a discounted MARTA pass, you will need to visit the GT Parking and Transportation office. Your BuzzCard is used to verify your student, faculty, or staff status.
4. Starbucks @ GT Barnes and Noble
Show your BuzzCard to the cashier for a faculty/staff discount at Starbucks in the Tech Square Barnes & Noble.
5. Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Show your BuzzCard to the cashier for a faculty/staff discount on purchases at the Tech Square Barnes & Noble.
The current pricing for BuzzCards and their related services along with the accepted forms of payment for the 2022-2023 school year may be found in the table below. For further information, please contact the BuzzCard Center.
(Non-Functioning – turn in old card)
You can easily add funds, check your balances, and transactions with BuzzCard eAccounts.
Now accessible through your web browser or the eAccounts mobile app.
For the full mobile app experience, log into the eAccounts Web Portal first and establish your saved payment methods. Only then will you have full functionality in the mobile app.
BuzzCard eAccount Web Portal
Add money to your BuzzCard stored value accounts online from anywhere!
eAccounts Portal is an online service that allows you to:
- Make real-time deposits using a credit or debit card.
- Download and print account statements
- Check meal plan balances and transactions
- Check BuzzCard fund, Dining Dollar and Faculty Staff Dining fund stored value account balances and transactions
- Create saved payment methods
- Create scheduled deposits
- Deactivate a lost card
- Reactivate a found card
- Give family and friends the ability to easily and securely deposit funds to your account
BuzzCard eAccount Web Portal
Buzzcard eAccount Mobile App
With the eAccounts app, you can:
- view your meal plan and stored value account balances
- monitor transaction activity
- make deposits
- disable/enable your BuzzCard should you lose it
How to deposit funds through the eAccounts app:
- Log into the eAccounts Web portal using a browser.
- Add a saved credit card payment method
- Download the Transact eAccounts Mobile App
- Find Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Sign in with your GT email Username and Password
- Your accounts will become visible.
- If you wish to deposit funds, tap ‘Add Money’
- Pick the account you would like to add money to and select ‘Next’
- Enter the amount of money you would like to deposit
- Submit the deposit.